College is supposed to be the best 4 years of your life. However, sometimes it may feel like the most stressful 4 years of your life. Finding motivation might be tough sometimes, that is why were here! Check out our favorite motivational quotes for college students to help you get through the tough times. Don’t worry, you got this!
Table of Contents
Motivational Quotes Slideshow
Check out our 20 favorite motivational quotes for college students below. Let us know what your favorite quotes are and feel free to share the pictures!
Sort through the slideshow and find your favorite quotes. If you want to download the quotes, click the button below and all the images will be downloaded.
Stress In College
Stress is one of the biggest parts of college. Oh, you have a paper due and you forgot about it until the night before? Stress. Your professor lost your paper and you don’t have an extra copy? Stress. 3 tests in 1 day in your hardest classes?! STRESS.
Stress is right around every corner but luckily there are many ways to cope with it. Obviously, everyone has their own way of dealing with things, but some of these suggestions may help college students find some inspiration when dealing with stress.
How to Cope With Stress in College
Use a Planner
The simplest way to handle your stress in college is by using a planner and writing down all of your future projects, tests and papers. Most teachers will give you a syllabus so it is best to do this at the beginning of the semester. If the teacher revises the syllabus, make sure you write that down too so you don’t end up thinking a project is due a week later than it actually is.
Set up a GroupMe with fellow classmates. This is so essential in-case you miss a class or you’re not sure about the assignment that’s due. Asking for help is not a bad thing, but if you don’t ask for help you can be lost trying to figure out a question that can be easily answered.
One of my biggest pieces of advice is to actually engage yourself in class discussion. This is so important because if you are confused you won’t be that random person in the back who only shows up to 3 classes all year asking what the teacher is talking about. Truthfully, if you’re confused, there’s likely more than 5 other students with the same question that are too afraid to ask. Stand up and be the voice for the student body so the teachers can make sure you’re familiar with the content being taught.
Turn to Friends
If it comes down to the point where your stress is boiling over the top and you have nowhere to turn then you should confide in a close friend and ask them to talk. Lots of times just talking about what’s bothering you can help you figure out the solution. They’re probably stressed too so it will be nice for them to talk to you as well. If you don’t feel comfortable talking to your friends you can always go to Student Services and ask to speak to someone. They always have people on staff whose job is to literally help students deal with stress.
Find a Hobby
Find a hobby. Seriously. Being at college and only doing school related activities might make you lose your mind. There’s nothing like involving yourself in a club, greek life, or sport to help loosen you up and help take your mind off of school work for a few hours a day.
Take Care of YOURSELF
Lastly, stay organized, eat healthy, take care of your body. When you go to the dining hall don’t be afraid to mix in a salad and drink plenty of water. Your body needs healthy food to feed your brain so it can operate at maximum performance. Working out is also another key to helping relieve some stress. When it comes to staying organized, this is referring to all aspects of your life (even your messy room). Don’t be afraid to stay in one night and clean up your room, make your bed and even do your laundry. You will feel so empowered and in charge of everything in your life.
You Got This
These are our top 20 motivational quotes for college students. Sometimes it is hard to find and keep your motivation, especially during the dog-days of the school year. Remember that everything will work out and to keep on keeping on!
Ultimate List of Motivational Quotes for College Students
1. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm” -Winston Churchill
2. “Creativity is intelligence having fun” – Albert Einstein
3. “Quality is not an act, it is a habit” -Aristotle
4. “Change your thoughts and you change your world” – Norman Vincent Peale
5. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” -William James
6. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” -John Wooden
7. “Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument.” -Anonymous
8. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” -Bruce Lee
9. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” -Jim Ryun
10. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
11. “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” -Malcom X
12. “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” -Lance Armstrong
13. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” -Wayne Gretzky
14. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” -Steve Martin
15. “If you don’t sacrifice for what you want, what you want becomes the sacrifice.” -Anonymous
16. “I am not talented, I am obsessed.” -Connor McGregor
17. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” -Arthur Ashe
18. “The starting point of all achievement is desire.” -Napoleon Hill
19. “Never say never because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.” -Michael Jordan
20. “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein